[mythtv-users] Picture Bars - Was: Electrical power in my cable line? Is that bad?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Sep 12 19:45:09 UTC 2007

Robin Hill wrote:
> It's an IEC 169-2 connector and since there's no impedance matching then
> I doubt the presence or absence of a terminator will make much
> difference.  Ideally you'd be recommended to replace them with F
> connectors, as commonly used with satellite TV, which do impedance
> matching and therefore offer less signal distortion (keeping the
> standard connector only for connecting to the card/TV).
>
> There's some stuff on the IEC 169-2 connector on Wikipedia:
>         http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Aerial_Plug
Oh yes! Thanks for the link, should have looked there first. They are just about
OK to assemble/pull apart, but a bit primitive. Since I had my aerial replaced
(whole other thread there; stay tuned) and I discovered 'F' connectors, I am
making an effort to change everything over to 'F' except where absolutely necessary.

Mike Perkins