[mythtv-users] DVI vs VGA and HDTV

Wed Sep 12 17:44:12 UTC 2007

Hi all, I have a 1080i lcd flat panel that has several
input types, including VGA, component, HDMI, etc.

I'm running an Nvidia 6200 now.  It has a DVI and VGA
port.  I'm currently connected via the VGA port.

I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable but I can't get anything
on the tv.  I've tried matching the TV resolution in my
xorg.conf to the TV's native config, with the refresh
rates, etc., but have had no luck.  I'm thinking it might
be HDCP causing the problem.

All that to say I'm looking for a viable solution.  What
difference will I see between VGA and DVI?

Any one have any suggestions on how to get the DVI to HDMI
working?  I've searched the web and have tried alot of
different things but not even a flicker from it.  Perhaps
someone can suggest a modeline to try or an xorg.conf
sample to try...  the TV is this:
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10291162&whse=bcca&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-CA

Alternatively, I know some of the newer Nvidia cards
support HDMI now?  Would that make things
better/same/easier to configure?

Thanks
Norm