[mythtv-users] MythWelcome and ACPI not working properly

dev_nul_nul dev_nul_nul at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 11:00:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu Feisty with mythtv 0.20-svn20070122 (native Ubuntu
packages) and the computer set to local time. I have setup my box, where
backend and frontend run dedicated to use acpi following this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/WhatNext/ACPIWake

ACPI works like a charm.
But as I want to let my box shutdown automatically after a scheduled
recording has been finished, I have to use Mythwelcome.
I have tried many howtos, including the one listed above. None of them
work. The problem seems to be MythWakeSet, where absolute nonsense, if,
gets written to /proc/acpi/alarm.

I have tried different forms of date format, including standard
yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss to yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss and yyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss and so on.
With the current yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss, it seems like mythshutdown
--wakeup $time set in the backend options, writes the correct value to
MythShutdownNextScheduled entry in the db - namely for instance
2007-09-12T13:45:12.

But the problem is the command myhwelcome is starting - it does nothing
or, just writes, as I told before, nonsense into /proc/acpi/alarm.

Hope that someone can help

thx a lot