[mythtv-users] OT: OpenMoko

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 12 00:22:59 UTC 2007

On 09/11/2007 08:01 AM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>>
>>> Skype's not bad at all.
>> - couldn't get the linux version of the Skype software to work. It seems
>> they
>> haven't quite got the bugs out of the 64-bit version (YMMV).

I was miles away from even finding the 64-bit port (or were you running
it on a multi-lib system?).

> Don't forget that there's TWO open protocols that the rest of the internet
> world use (SIP and IAX to a lesser extent) that Skype not only ignored, but
> purposefully made incompatible.

Yeah.  After I made the mistake of signing up for 1yr of Skype Call Out
(or whatever it's called), I found OpenWengo.  When my 1yr expires, I'll
be testing it out--even though it has no "all you can use" package.  (As
much as I've used it, the pay-per-use would have been cheaper, anyway.)

Mike