[mythtv-users] Problem tuning one channel, rest work.

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 11 20:24:35 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Grotsky [mailto:spikeygg at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:30 AM
To: hah at alumni.rice.edu; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Problem tuning one channel, rest work.

On 9/7/07, Henry A Harper III <hah at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
Oh, and PSIP is a part of the ATSC protocol that is used to carry
information about "virtual" channel allocation. It's how the tuner can tell
that channel 13 can be tuned with 12-1 - well, when it's working properly
anyway.

Well, since it works in mplayer and not in myth, I think we should enter a
ticket for it.  Has anyone done so?

-Greg

====

I hadn't tried mplayer, if that works then it might be possible to code
around this issue in mythtv (priority of said coding is another issue).
There is a snippet of dvbscan info on boisehd.tv's thread now.  I haven't
entered a ticket either, I am short on time this week getting ready to
roadtrip for the weekend so feel free to start a ticket on our behalf.

Henry