[mythtv-users] multiple recording locations

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Tue Sep 11 19:46:40 UTC 2007

I have been looking thru the upcoming changes in .21 (I guess) and am
curious about the ability to store recordings in multiple locations.  Will
that addition make it practical to record to a local drive then transcode
off to a NAS?  I tthink that some of the issues I have seen in recording
to the separate raid storage device have to do with the write speeds of
RAID5.  They do not seem to happen when recording to single drives across
the network.

thanks,
jw