[mythtv-users] Apple X11 or XDarwin?

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:09:02 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Eric Robinson <ryunokokoro at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yikes - that does suck?!  Are you using precompiled binaries, or
> > building yourself?
> >
> > I read through your list, and I am having none of those problems with
> > my mac Mythfrontend.  I am currently running the 0.20.2 universal
> > binary from thesniderpad.com <http://thesniderpad.com>; however, I
> > have also used other intel binaries available on the web without
> problems.
> "Other Intel binaries"?  Care to expand upon that?  Where would one find
> such treats?
>
> I have used the builds posted here:
http://padilla.net/mythtv-osx
however, there is no 0.20.2 posted yet - so it was fortunate Craig and David
were able to post a universal build on David's site.

BTW, I am also a fan of Remote Buddy - I use a wiimote with my mini as a
virtual mouse on the big screen.  However, do you notice an issue with RB
and myth during playback of either a recording or a video?  It seems to me
that myth is somehow suppressing RB such that you either have to wait ~15
seconds for the remote command to be processed, or double- or triple-press
the remote key...