[mythtv-users] DFW HDHomerun users, can you get WFAA-DT (ABC)?

Kisner, Thomas tkisner at necunified.com
Tue Sep 11 15:42:54 UTC 2007

Sorry for the late reply, I just joined the group.

I don't have an HDHomerun, but I live in Hurst among lots of tall trees and tall buildings to the SE where all of the transmitters are at from me in DFW. I went through a few antennas before I got the model 15-2187 from Radio Shack.  It is simply fantastic, and I get 100% strength on everything in Dallas including WFAA-DT. Its $75 and looks like a satellite dish (if you care).  I have an ATSC tuner in my TV, so I knew for sure my problems were not with my tuner cards.

You NEED channel 8 'cause they are the only local news in HD.  Great stuff when the propane tanks were blowing up in downtown Dallas!