[mythtv-users] Migrating existing recordings to new Storage Groups

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 11 02:45:20 UTC 2007

On 09/10/2007 08:08 PM, Larry K wrote:
> I am facing the same issue.  I also have two drives that make up an LVM
> volume.  I am planning to upgrade to 0.20 and ditch LVM in favor of storage
> groups

Didn't follow whole conversation, but Storage Groups only exist in SVN
trunk (i.e. will exist in 0.21).

However, you can still ditch LVM and use myth_archive_jobs.pl to move
recordings to other file systems (i.e. use the biggest file system for
your recordings dir and have myth_archive_jobs.pl move recordings to the
other file systems either as a user job or as a cron job).  I worked
this way for quite some time before Storage Groups was available.

Mike