[mythtv-users] Migrating existing recordings to new Storage Groups

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:08:53 UTC 2007

I am facing the same issue.  I also have two drives that make up an LVM
volume.  I am planning to upgrade to 0.20 and ditch LVM in favor of storage
groups as well, and was hoping to do this without the hassle of migrating my
recordings to some external storage device.

Assuming all my recording will fit on one side of the LVM group, isn't it
possible to:

1) move all the recordings from drive B to drive A (pvmove)
2) shrink the volume group (vgreduce)
3) drop physical volume B (pvremove)
4) reformat B and mount the file system (fdisk)
5) move files from A to B
6) reformat A and mount the file system
7) configure both mount points A and B as myth storage groups

I suppose there is no way to remove LVM with the recordings in place?  I was
hoping for a way to dump LVM without having to move the files around...