[mythtv-users] Why not MythArchive on Frontend only?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Sep 10 18:56:45 UTC 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 11:51 AM, James Armstrong wrote:

> Eric Robinson wrote:
>> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I had MythArchive running on my frontend. I think all that is
> important
> is to have the recordings directory mounted on the frontend in the
> same
> location. MythArchive does not use the mythprotocol to transfer the
> recordings, it accesses them directly.

Unfortunately, that breaks if you record to different locations. For
instance, I have 2 backends which each record to their own local
drives so MythArchive would need to be updated to figure out which
backend holds the recordings and all that. If you're recording all to
the same drive, it should work just fine. :)