[mythtv-users] Need Help with HDHomerun

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Sep 10 14:33:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 11:05 -0400, Mailing Lists wrote:
> > Thanks for all the responses.  I was using windows before this and was
> > able to see a bunch of un-encrypted channels video and audio so I know
> > its working from that aspect and its just a matter of getting mythtv to
> > work now I guess.
> I doubled the timeout defaults and now I'm seeing channels in the scan.
> That's a good sign!

Just an FYI for anyone following this thread. Nick, the Silicon Dust
developer, posted a patch on ticket #3942 a couple days ago. It appears
that the signal strength calculation in older revisions of the firmware
was buggy. The latest firmware fixes this, and Nick's MythTV patch,
which I'll review shortly adjusts the new signal strength threshold.
So if you are using the latest firmware, MythTV won't see the channels
as having a strong signal until the patch is applied.

This probably explains why people with old HDHomeRun tuners can scan but
people with newer tuners are having difficulties.

-- Daniel