[mythtv-users] Mythdora Boots with a Blue Screen

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Mon Sep 10 00:16:51 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Wood" <beww at beww.org>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythdora Boots with a Blue Screen

Jonathan Seawright wrote:

>> I'm not sure I'd run folding at home (or work, or school) on a Myth box.
>> I'd eliminate the possibility that was the cause of your problems and
>> not Myth.
>
> Why's that? Simply because it is a TV recorder and probably doesn't need
> the
> added overhead? Just curious.

Nothing wrong with running other apps if they don't cause trouble. I was
just suggesting eliminating a variable in your troubleshooting procedure.

> My next step is to figure out what broke...

>I disagree. If it's a PVR your next step should be to order a UPS.

Agreed... Well, I suppose this is reason to convince my dad that we need one
with serial/usb support in linux!

Anyway, I hate to fix things in such a... seemingly "temporary" way, but I
bet I could fix the box fully by adding "gdm" in a cron.d or init.d
script...
The next question is, are these scripts run as root?

Jonathan Seawright