[mythtv-users] upgraded myth for SD, now Xorg problem

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sun Sep 9 20:50:54 UTC 2007

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> Hello, i updated my mythtv box in ubuntu feisty in order to use my
> schedules direct account. The upgrade went flawlessly and took about 5
> minutes.
>
> My problem now is that for some reason, when i play live tv or a
> recorded video, xorg hogs about 50% of one of the cpu's on my core 2
> duo mythbox. I have a nvidia 7300 pci express card that is loaded just
> fine (the nvidia logo pops up before the machine logs into gnome.
>
> Before the update, xorg never hogged up any cpu, and mythfrontend has
> not changed from its 1-2% cpu when watching videos (standard def only
> box).
I have the same problem, 100% usage on one core and about 35% usage on
the other with HD material with an Nvidia 6200. My confusion with the
wiki is which 'SyncToVblank' options should be on? I have:

0/SyncToVBlank=1
0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=0
0/XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0

I already have "UseEvents" "true" set. I've tried both the current 100
driver, and the last 96 series with no change. I am using realtime
priority, the nvidia AGP driver, and everything else I could think of,
but CPU stays skyrocketed with HD.

Tom