[mythtv-users] firewire and schedule direct

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 9 20:21:41 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 15:26 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/09/2007 02:47 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> In this case, at least, the OP has only firewire for a capture card.
>
> I've seen reports of the workaround working when the user also had other
> capture cards, but no explicit mention of it working with only firewire,
> so I don't know if that's relevant, but figured having the info wouldn't
> hurt.
>
> I don't know if the same is true for Donald Maddox in the other thread
> you're working on right now.

It looks like you are right, the workaround only works when you have
either a V4L or IVTV card, and making a bogus one when you don't have
drivers does not appear to work. So it looks like the only option in
this case is to upgrade to 0.20-fixes or trunk. The changes didn't
go in until about three days ago so there probably no packages ready..

-- Daniel