[mythtv-users] SD privacy policy concerns

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Sun Sep 9 19:28:06 UTC 2007

John wrote:
> On 9/9/07, Peter Watkins <peterw at tux.org> wrote:
>> SD has just posted its official privacy policy. All customers are
>> required to log in within 7 days and accept it:
>
> Excellent!  Your comments are very astute.  Do you have a copy of the
> previous privacy policy?  What are the changes?  And what motivates
> the changes?
>
> In other words, when we look at the changes, is there anything that we
> can read between the lines?
>
> John

The previous policy was described as temporary, but I cannot remember
where.  It may have been in one of the SD forums.

My understanding was that the temporary policy was put in place so that
SD could go live prior to 9/1.  I was clear at the time I signed up that
the policy was going to be changing.

I do not have a copy of the previous policy, so I don't know what changed.