[mythtv-users] green video watching quicktime under mythfrontend

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sun Sep 9 18:01:52 UTC 2007

I was playing with the appletrailers plugin
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth_Apple_Trailers) and found a weird
problem with playing quicktime under mythfrontend.

The plugin simply creates menu entries for each trailer found on the website that exec mplayer, e.g.:
  <button>
    <type>MOVIETIMES</type>
    <text>The Kite Runner</text>
    <action>EXEC /usr/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -user-agent NSPlayer -cache 16384 http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount_vantage/the_kite_runner/the_kite_runner_480p.mov</action>
  </button>

But unfortunately, using mplayer or xine in this fashion gives me green tinted
video.  It plays correctly when I run the command from a terminal window.
Everything else plays fine; I can watch DVDs, AVIs, recorded/live TV, etc.  The
only problem is watching quicktime when executed from mythfrontend.

I'm using F7's 2.6.22 with X11 over ivtv-fb on a PVR350.