[mythtv-users] upgraded myth for SD, now Xorg problem

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sun Sep 9 15:42:25 UTC 2007

Hello, i updated my mythtv box in ubuntu feisty in order to use my schedules
direct account. The upgrade went flawlessly and took about 5 minutes.

My problem now is that for some reason, when i play live tv or a recorded
video, xorg hogs about 50% of one of the cpu's on my core 2 duo mythbox. I
have a nvidia 7300 pci express card that is loaded just fine (the nvidia
logo pops up before the machine logs into gnome.

Before the update, xorg never hogged up any cpu, and mythfrontend has not
changed from its 1-2% cpu when watching videos (standard def only box).

Any ideas?
-thanks
-steve