[mythtv-users] Need Help with HDHomerun

mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Sun Sep 9 14:34:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 09:28 -0400, William Munson wrote:
> Mailing Lists wrote:
> > Ok, I have a setup that's at least scanning and finding channels on the
> > HDR, but it only finds one channel unencrypted.
> >
> > Some places say scan, others say don't.  I try scanning -- using
> > us-cable, unencrypted only, qam-256 (and tried qam-64).
> >
> > Shouldn't I be able to get the 70 regular cable channels that I have?
> >
> > What exactly can I expect -- I'm using Rogers in Ottawa as my source.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> You should be able to get any unencripted channel you receive however
> there are some issues with mythtv and the hdhr on a cable system.
>
> Do you have a windows box on your network? If so install the hdhr
> monitor software and manually tune channels with that.  This is just to
> verify that you do indeed receive your channels in the clear. There are
> also linux tools however I have not tried them.
>
> On the myth box your settings of us-cable, qam-256, un-encripted only
> should work. On most cable systems they do not label their channels so
> your results will return as unknown for all channels. Sorting thru them
> and figuring out what channel is what is the biggest pain but is not
> impossible. Use the channel editor to make changes.
>
> If you are only receiving one channel after a scan your timeout values
> may be too small. Try doubling them.

Thanks for all the responses.  I was using windows before this and was
able to see a bunch of un-encrypted channels video and audio so I know
its working from that aspect and its just a matter of getting mythtv to
work now I guess.

Should I be able to get the regular NTSC channels as well (2 to 83)?

I'll try to adjust the time out and see if that works.

Norm