[mythtv-users] DVB-T cards for Ubuntu Edgy

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Sun Sep 9 10:26:34 UTC 2007

Justin Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a new PCI DVB-T tuner card for my Ubuntu Edgy backend, and I'm
> finding it difficult to get any of the cards that are listed as
> supported in the mythtv.org wiki. It appears that many of these cards
> have been replaced by newer models for which compatibility is a
> question. Or are just not available in Australia.
>
> Some of the PCI DVB-T cards that are readily available in Aus are listed
> below. Do any of them work out of the box with Edgy?
>
> DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 TV Tuner
> DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro
> DViCo FUsionHDTV DVB-T Plus
> DigitalNow DNTV Live Hybrid LP S2 DVB-T/Analog/FM
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T750 DUAL DIG TUNER
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T100 AV-CAP/DV TUNER
> Compro VideoMate DVB-T200
> Leadtek WinFast DTV1000T
> Avermedia AVerTV DVB-T Super 007
>
> If any the cards won't work with Edgy (2.6.17) but will work with Feisty
> (2.6.20) then I guess I will consider an OS upgrade. Similarly for Gutsy
> (I guess I could wait a month...)
>
> Also, any comments concerning reception quality, reliability, driver
> issues, etc would be very welcome.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Justin.

I live in Tasmania and use 2 x Avermedia DVB-T777 and 1 x DVB-T771, all
work well for the tv side of things but the remote only works on the 771
which is a superceeded model (replaced by the 777)
I am interested on how you go with cards, I am looking at a new back end
and are considering dual tuners, maybe PCI Express.

When I first built the system I was using Dapper and there is a few
small mods needed to make at least the 771 work, not sure about the 777's.

regards

Lee McLaren