[mythtv-users] Myth svn 14461 Seg faulting on scanning HDHomeRun

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 9 00:54:47 UTC 2007

Mailing Lists wrote:
>> I have no problems with the stock svn checkout and scanning itself. The
>> only issue I have is that it does not correctly identify qam based cable
>> channels and it used to miss some transports by using the wrong
>> frequency. Does fine for atsc channels.
>>

> Good to know -- thanks.  I'm going to set up a separate back-end with
> the patches and see if I can get a decent scan.
>
> What cable company are you with?  I would think scanning and properly
> getting channels would be dependent on the cable company's config?  Not
> sure.
>
> Anyways, I'll give that a try and let you know.
>
> Norm

The cable system here is comcast. Not sure what patches you are talking
about. Myth supports the hdhr directly and I would be highly suspect of
any patch. Set that backend up as a stock checkout with hdhr support
enabled and anything you dont need on that backend disabled. Do your
channel scanning and get things the way you like. Do your patches and
even if they bork the scanning you will still have your results.