[mythtv-users] 2-3 pulldown for tv sources

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Sun Sep 9 00:49:52 UTC 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> IIRC, the Internal player was explicitly modified to not do IVTC for
> anything > NTSC/PAL resolution because of performance issues.
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2591 .  I think just reversing that
> changeset (removing the "&& frame->width <= 720" condition) will
> enable
> it for HDTV for you.

This looks interesting, I'll try it and report back. I've heard from
xine devs that tvtime detection and deint, including 3:2 (2:3?) is
fairly good and disables itself as needed. Might be nice to see
tvtime in mythtv as a deint filter where we can set a xine-like deint
config. Not sure how viable that is for mythtv though or how that
would intigrate with the mythtv-vid branch that was merged for 0.21.

--
Scott