[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 8 17:36:59 UTC 2007

On 09/08/2007 12:55 PM, Aaron Baalbergen wrote:
> >> If Pluto isn't an approved app, I'd be interested to know what the
> Pluto folk are using, now.
>
> A user forwarded me this email, so I just jumped on the list so I can
> respond...  I'm with Pluto.  Our commercial OEM's license Tribune's data.

Interesting (and good to hear).  Thanks for passing this on.

>   Our free distro uses stock myth packages so it's up to the user to
> configure his own source (zap2it/xmltv/etc.).

Just wondering if it would be a good thing for Pluto (or those involved
with the OSS side of Pluto) to submit a request to SD to get on the list
of approved apps.  Since there are MythTV distros listed separately from
MythTV, it may make things easier for the free Pluto users (and make
them more sure that it's allowed).

Anyway, Robert Eden is really the person you should talk to, but it
seems like a good idea to me.  :)

Thanks,
Mike