[mythtv-users] I am an idiot - deleted everything without DB backup - a question...

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Sep 8 15:10:35 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Yes, if you feel doing so is really worthwhile.  You'll have to type in
> the start time, end time, title, subtitle (episode title), description,
> ... for /every/ single recording.  If it were me, I'd just stick them
> all into MythVideo (and perhaps remove those shows from Previously
> Recorded), so that re-runs get re-recorded (at which point they could be
> deleted from MythVideo).
>> ust goes to show, no matter how much of a hurry you are in, always
>> backup first......
>>

> Definitely.  I actually have a DB backup command in my master backend's
> shutdown script.  That way, I don't forget.  :)
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike

I cannot be bothered with all that just for basic TV programs. I'll just
do as you say and move them to the videos after previewing them and
watch them there. The database was totally nuked so Previously Recorded
is empty too, all of these files are orphans in the most major sense.
Most of them don't really matter and I can handle those that are pretty
easily.

Oh, and I have to get myself a backup command to automatically put a
backup somewhere else on the network. That or don't do Myth rebuilds
when I haven't had enough sleep....

Cheers
Bruce