[mythtv-users] FC7 & PVR-150 static -- Is FC7 good to use?

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:49:53 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Jeff volckaert <jvolckaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to reinstall from FC5 to FC7.  I had trouble with my old
> database so I wiped that out just to make sure I could get Mythtv
> working.  When I try to record I only get static.  I tested IVTV with
> 'ivtv-tune -c 42' and 'cat /dev/video0 > file.mpg' which works fine
> when played with mplayer.  I switch from kernel 2.6.22 back to 2.6.21
> and installed IVTV-0.10.5 (since Atrpms doesn't the KDML for that
> kernel).  This tested fine, but Mythtv still records static.
>
> Is FC7 a problem with Mythtv?  Should I wipe the box and reinstall
> with FC6?  This upgrade has been the most frustrating I have had since
> first setting up Mythtv.  I'm afraid I will have the same issues if I
> wipe and reinstall with FC6.

I did the same process 2 weeks ago, backed up/restored my data, going
from FC5 reinstalling to FC7.  I have a Hauppauge 250 and 500.  No
issues with either tuner, same quality picture I had before.  My
biggest challenge was getting Xine working with the non free codecs,
but not to stray from the subject, the HP 500 is 2 150 cards so I can
say that it does work with FC7.  You may want to try reinstalling your
card(s) via MythTV setup or at least double check the setup.  Good
Luck.