[mythtv-users] Mandriva 2007.1 0.20.2 updates???

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Sep 7 11:46:01 UTC 2007

Bob Sully wrote:

> I just checked the PLF mirrors in Oz...still nothing there.
>
> Anyone know when and if there will be Mandriva 2007.1 update binaries
> available?

I am running Mandriva 2007.1. When I originally upgraded from 2006 I discovered
that they provide a larger range of sources to pull programs from. The Mythtv
setup that I chose after installation was packages from the Contrib source (or
possibly Contrib backports). That was roughly equivalent to 0.20-fixes at the
time I did it - a few weeks ago now.

If you check all the update options including contrib and backports and update
the source info you may find more up-to-date versions of Mythtv than you have
installed. The Mandriva version numbering system is sometimes difficult to
figure out with respect to real project version numbers.

In the end I needed functionality that wasn't in the package, so I pulled svn
trunk and haven't looked back since (or had any show-stopper problems). What
exactly did you need from 2007.1? You're in Oz so you don't need the DD/SD
stuff, surely?

Mike Perkins