[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 7 04:23:07 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 11:23 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 08:06:42PM -0700, crs23 wrote:
>
>> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone with more time on their hands than me (and source loaded)
>>> extract the BUSQ and post it here, for our amusement? :-)
>> It's in the original post.
> So it is; I came in late.
>
> Anyone got an SQL prettyprinter? :-)

No.  You can't truly appreciate the BUSQ until you see it in its full
glory.  What you see in the logs is just a shadow of the BUSQ (the BUSQ
is a "dyanamic" query that's built "on the fly").  Open up
programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp and read through all that makes the
BUSQ (yes, it really is in there).

Now do you see why only the bravest among us (i.e. Bruce Markey and
David Engel and the occasional brave adventurer, like David Shay) are
willing to touch the BUSQ.

Mike