[mythtv-users] Play back menus

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 01:37:04 UTC 2007

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you get your videos to show up there?  I have ripped a DVD down to vob format to /storage/videos, and I can use "Watch Videos" to see it, but if I put any other videos in there (an AVI or MPG), they don't show up.

How do I get them to show up so I don't have to go out to an XTerm window and manually run XINE to play them?

Thanks,
Harry

From: joe.white at wachovia.com

I have placed videos on my myth box in various formats; avi, mp4, wmv, etc.  During playback from Watch Videos some formats, like (some) AVIs, only show basic timecode information, while other formats, like wmv, display the playback menu as though I were watching a show recorded by MythTV, itself.  Is there some place that speaks to which formats get which treatment and why?

jw