[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 6 21:59:32 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> It does, however, make it complex.  You're proposing developing or
> asking for developers to assist in a project to coordinate all
> these micro-schedules across peers rather than saying "Download
> XMLTV grabber XYZ and run it to import data".   While  it could be
> as simple as "Download XMLTV micro-schedule grabber XYZ and run it
> to import data from a multitude of sources", it seems an incredible
> undertaking in contrast with the tried and true "download it all
> myself from the source" methods.

Yes, but OTOH, Shepherd is apparently already doing something very
much like this.  So it's apparently possible, given a sufficiently
clever algorithm, to aggregate data from multiple incomplete sources.

Whether it's worth the trouble for U.S. users is another question,
but since I'm not going to be spending time on it, I don't have to
answer that one. ;)