[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 21:56:25 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 05:41 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> Can you even list the topics you don't want discussed?  I'm guessing
> SASC,

 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/191967#191967 (from
an official dev)

>  scrapers,

Only ones that are explicitly forbidden by TOS or otherwise.  (Though,
maybe that's just me.)

>  and torrents

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/73701#73701 (among
others) from the list owner.

>  are all on the list.  Where you going to
> draw the line?  Can people say EIT provides all the data needed for
> MythTV, or is that opening the door to a taboo subject also?

That's fine--as long as you're obtaining the EIT data through
authorized/legal means.

You've said it provides all the data you need for MythTV.  We're all
glad it works for you.  (If MythTV devs didn't want people using EIT,
including DishNET EIT, the support for it would be removed.)

Mike