[mythtv-users] Prefer recording at night

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 6 21:54:34 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:32:16AM -0700, Lan Barnes wrote:
>> I can't answer your Q, but I may remark that life begins with the
>> second
>> tuner card. PVR-150s can be had on ebay at a buy-it-now around $35.
>> Downside is people say that analog is going away (I'm skeptical
>> because
>> backward compatability is something joe sixpacks gets and will
>> demand).
>
> Cable systems will be delivering Analog NTSC well past the time when
> the TV stasions stop sending it OTA... assuming they ever do.

And even if cable goes all-digital, your PVR-150 will still be useful
for recording the NTSC signal from a cable box ... or the output of
an HDTV downconverter, if those ever appear on the scene.  My guess
is there will be stopgap options available for quite a while.
Remember UHF "block converters" for non-cable-ready TVs?