[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 21:46:49 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 04:22 PM, Robert Eden wrote:
> On 9/6/2007 1:58 PM, Phill Wiggin wrote:
>
>> IIRC, Myth originally used scraped data.  From that standpoint, Myth
>> was founded on these "violations". Pre DD days, screen-scraping is
>> what we had.  Wasn't it just as 'illegal/immoral/unsavory' then as it
>> is now?
>>
> I'll jump in here...  I don't have a copy of the Zap2IT Terms of Use
> from 5 years ago, but I don't think they prevented scraping.

The archive.org copy of http://www.zap2it.com/ from Sep 6, 2002 doesn't
even show a link to Terms of Service (only Privacy Policy - see
http://web.archive.org/web/20020906102620/www.zap2it.com/index ).  The
http://www.zap2it.com/tv page is also missing any reference to TOS.
The http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/ pages in the archive show errors
because cookies were disabled (in the robot that indexed them), but also
have no link to TOS.

Mike