[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 6 20:48:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:13:22AM -0400, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> This is what Robert sees.  However, he's seeing things through the eyes
> of regularly schedules programs with regularly scheduled repeats.

See?  All these helpful people, doing Robert's homework for him.  :_)

> Where his argument breaks down is "What if Show 3 is the Super Bowl?"
> With two weeks of data, Myth can see that Show 1 and Show 2 will be
> repeated and Show 3 may not (it can't know it won't, but it does know it
> won't in the next 2 weeks), so it can decide to record Show 1 and Show 3
> today, and wait until next week for Show 2 and know it will get them all.

Yupper.

> Now, I've said that I would prefer a free listing service (and can
> program one if I need to), but I do understand that SD is a more robust
> solution.

It is more robust, but to be fair to Robert (wait.  Why would I want to
do *that*? :-), the difference is the amount of available data; data
sources of more uncertain pedigree certainly *could* provide that extra
advance data, though it's accuracy would be more in question.

Cheers,
-- jra