[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct not working - now solved

Tony Caola Tony at foodsavvy.com
Thu Sep 6 19:20:12 UTC 2007

I thought I would pass along some inadvertent learnings from setting up Schedules Direct -- while the schedulesdirect.org website and sign-up are not case sensitive on username (i.e., I habitually type 'Firstname.Lastname at email.com', and this was converted to 'firstname.lastname at email.com'), mythtv-setup IS case sensitive.  When I provided 'Firstname.Lastname at email.com' within mythtv-setup, this did not work!  The result was a blank line when you hit retrieve listings but no apparent error (other than listings not being updated with a 'DataDirect, Error:' -- no dd_state! when mythfilldatabase is run.

Hopefully this saves someone else some time. . .

-Dr. C.