[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:44:59 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com

> On 09/06/2007 11:13 AM, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> > Now, I've said that I would prefer a free listing service (and can
> > program one if I need to), but I do understand that SD is a more robust
> > solution.  I already pay too much for cable, too much for internet
> > access, too much for equipment, one more payment, while small, is like
> > the proverbial straw, and is yet one more thing to deal with.
> > Fortunately for me, I have a month or so to consider things, as my Myth
> > system is currently shut down due to remodeling.
>
> So, if you were to pay, say, $6/mo extra to your cable company, would
> that be too much?  Often, cable companies charge some amount (I've seen
> charges from $5.99 to $14.99 per month--and often per DVR) for a DVR/PVR
> service.  Included in that cost is the cost of the listings data used by

Financial discussion?  If anything doesn't belong on this list,
discussing how other people are wrong and how they should spend their
money seems more irrelevant, off topic, and controversial to me.

It's his money, he can spend it how he wants.  If you don't agree with
him, no one is forcing you to spend your money the same way.

This seems unproductive, and if any topic was discussed to death here,
that was.  It's not going away, people are always going to try to
pinch a penny here or there.  No amount of logic, reasoning,
discussion, or debate will ever prevent people from seeking out
"cheaper" solutions.