[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:28:37 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us Asks:
> Well, and more to the point:
>
> If someone has, at some point, grabbed this data with a grabber and
> stuck it in the database, they ALREADY have an XMLTV file.  Why not
> just use that, instead of inserting it into the database, then trying
> to suck it back out again?

I'll say it again.  If you don't agree with the reasons, and don't
want to use it yourself, no one is asking you to do it.  But, I've
edited the SQL data and dumped it, then reloaded it in another system.
 The Aussies manually edit data, it'd just be another way for them.
People get data into their databases in other ways also (EIT for one).

I won't say those are legal, IANAL.  But you asked why anyone would,
and I think there are several reasons.