[mythtv-users] Is the saa7127 driver present in kernel 2.6.22?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Thu Sep 6 18:28:15 UTC 2007

I have been trying to get TV-out from a PVR-350 to work on a
Fedora 7 setup (kernel 2.6.22.4-65.fc7).  I've been following
Jared Wilson's guide, which has gotten a bit out-of-date
lately.  In part of it he says:

   "as of kernel 2.6.19, you'll also need to install a video4linux
   kernel module add-on from ATrpms, as for some reason, the
   saa7127 driver is missing from 2.6.19 right now..."

Do I still need to follow those steps, or has the saa7127 driver
been added to the kernel as of 2.6.22?

I've read that the video4linux packages have some problems
with ivtv, so I'd like to avoid installing the video4linux packages
if the saa7127 drivers are back in the kernel.

-Marc Barrett