[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 18:04:13 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 01:43 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/06/2007 01:06 PM, Remco Treffkorn wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 04 September 2007, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> rate), I choose to use SD, and I'm benefiting from the higher-quality
>>> data, better lineups, and more accurate listings than I ever had with
>>> Zap2It Labs data.
>>>
>> I am confused. I thought it SD IS the Zap2It Labs data...
>>
> It's very similar, but comes from a slightly different feed (newer
> system?) than the Z2L data did.  It is actually better quality and
> includes more info (i.e. more original airdates, etc.).

OK.  I've since found out that this is not the case.  The data is
identical.  I had thought, based on
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/282834#282834 and
anecdotal evidence on this list, that the data was improved, but that is
definitely not true at this point.

Though I will say that the lineup differences did exist right before Z2L
shut down.  When I set up my SD lineup, it allowed me to choose channels
(actually, ATSC subchannels) that weren't available through Z2L and Z2L
had old, no-longer-broadcast subchannels available to choose.  The SD
lineup matches exactly what I see being broadcast.

Mike