[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend (and X11) dying...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Sep 6 16:59:41 UTC 2007

Im running Fedora6, updated to the present date, and MythTV, updated to 4Sep.

Ive found that over the last few weeks, if I leave 'Live TV' runing overnight,
when I come in in the morning, the screen is BLACK.

Trying to revive it ( <ESC>  (Mythtv), or <CTL> <ALT> <BKSP> (X11),
nothing happens.

If I go to another machine and ssh into mythtv-fe, the Frontend machine, I find
that neither mythfrontend, nor X11 is running.  I can restart things at that
point by
doing a 'startx' and then restarting 'mythfrontend'.

My question is, do others see this behaviour?
I dont remember it happening in the past (more than a month ago...)

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com