[mythtv-users] How do I stop a recording thru mythweb while it's in progress

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 16:17:04 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 11:31 AM, Daniel Arfsten wrote:
> to all those who just told me to hit Delete from the recorded programs
> screen in mythweb, that does not work as there is no delete. The top portion
> on the right column says, "currently recording" and the lower portion on the
> right column says "delete and rerecord". I don't want to re-record it. Will
> it just not re-record it if it doesn't find it again?

Right.  It actually means, "Delete and allow re-record", but there
wasn't enough space for all that.

>  Or would I still hit
> this and then just go to the scheduling and cancel this schedule?

You can cancel the schedule before or after.

You can also "hack" MythTV to provide a Delete link (i.e. look at the
URI for Delete for one of your other shows and make one that looks the
same--same parameters and same path, but with the new show's ID).  I
used to do this to "Never Record" shows for which I didn't have a
schedule (before I wrote the patch that allows you to Never Record any
show).  Of course, the 2-step approach (Delete + Rerecord and cancelling
the schedule) is much safer, so be careful if you choose the hack approach.

Mike