[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 6 12:54:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:39:34 -0700, Robert Current wrote
<snip>

Robert,

MythTV is Open Source.  That means that if there is a feature or function
that you want, you have access to the code, and explicit permission to
modify it (so long as you make the result available on the same terms).

I did a search on Gossamer Threads last night.  Of the over 130 messages you
have posted since you started in April of this year, I could find none that
involved >>you<< helping >>someone else<< solve a problem.  The topic
appeared to consistently be either getting your problems solved, or
complaining about SD (all but 5 of your messages since August 7).

Allow me to suggest that if you had taken the time you have spent
complaining about SD (and this list) and used it to research, code and
document the alternative (TitanTV, scraper, ouiji-board-to-firewire-
interface, whatever) that you claim is preferable, you'd either be done by
now, or would have concluded that it wasn't really worth the effort after
all.

Now, please stop insulting those of us who have already reached the latter
conclusion.

This list isn't censored (heck, with some of the stuff you've said, it
obviously isn't moderated).  Free speech doesn't mean that anyone has to
agree with you, or even listen to you.

Everyone else,

What do you say we just let him rant until he gets tired of arguing with
nobody and maybe turns to something more productive?

Chris K.