[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 03:26:14 UTC 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 8:02 PM, Robert Current wrote:

> >> Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
> >
> >> They can assist with the proper data formatting of the grabber.
> >> Nothing
> >> about the grabber development really has anything to do with
> >> MythTV directly
> >> since MythTV only requires that the data be XMLTV compliant.  All
> >> the hard
> >> work from the import side is done already.
> >>
> >> The parts that aren't done are the EXPORT from a filled database
> >> to an
>
> mysqldump -umythtv -pmythtv -h192.168.0.2 --extended-insert
> mythconverg program > program.sql

Heh, that's one way!  Lot's of data to parse…

I was poking around with simple "select * from program" statements to
see what could be formatted into which specific XMLTV fields.  Then
got sidetracked tying thinking I need to look at the mythfilldatabase
code where this is probably already mapped  out.