[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:00:06 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com Writes:

> Nope.  *You* seem to be the only person who doesn't really care.
>

> You continue to raise it, by suggesting
> sources for data that the rest of us are
> pretty clear aren't actually usable

This "We" and "You" stuff seems to come out of anyone associated with
Schedules Direct… Part of the big turn-off to me. Can someone point me
to the announcement that Jay spoke for all MythTV users?

You know what, some people live outside the US, and are still trying
to work out a solution…  Automated, pretty GUI Import and Export of
data might be of value to THEM, or should they just give up too?

"We" and "the rest of us" seem to indicate he thinks he does.  I
missed that day.  I guess I thought it was an open source project.
But clearly, it's a "must be Jay Ashworth approved" piece of software.

Does everyone have their copy of the Jay Ashworth Terms of Service?
I'm afraid it sounds like he wants to take his ball and go home…  Then
none of us will be allowed to use MythTV…

Come on… Grow up people.  What's so fricking scary about discussing
other options?