[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Sep 6 01:51:00 UTC 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:57:33PM -0700, Robert Current wrote:
>> Then (here comes the flame-bait), that file could very easily and
>> quickly be distributed as a torrent, hopefully with some logical
>> name.
>>  For example:
>> 2007-7-14-to-2007-7-21-Yahoo-Local-Boston-Cable-4myth.torrent
>> I'd guess that torrent would be 7 days of mythconverg listing data
>> that came from Yahoo listing data for local cable in Boston, wouldn't
>> you?
>
> See?  You didn't pay any attention to the detailed, technical
> discussions we had on this last month.
>
> BT isn't suitable for lots of small files; it's intended for lesser
> numbers of big ones.  The closest we could come for a widely available
> protocol was NNTP.
>
> Check the archives (hey; that sounds familiar :-) for a thread with
> "Mooting" in the title.

He apparently can't search the archives to find out because he keeps
asking me to do it for him. "Did you search for this? How about
searching for this?"

The disturbing part is that he simply has nothing better to do. He's
perfectly FINE with the listing data he's getting and keeps screaming
that we all must find alternative free data - whether we like it or
not. Like no one has ever thought of that before and discussed it in
a thread of about 1,000 messages months ago.