[mythtv-users] 2nd source not updating through SD

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Thu Sep 6 00:18:19 UTC 2007

I have recently signed up for SD and I am having a problem pulling down
all my listings.  I have 2 sources that stem from the same lineup, one
is a regular analog cable source that inputs directly into a PVR-500
(and PVR-250 on another backend, but that's probably not relevant here)
and the other is a cable box that feeds into the composite input on the
PVR-500 and just tunes a single channel.  With Zap2It I used two
different lineups for this setup but having switched to SD I would like
to use a single lineup using caching to populate both sources.

Upon upgrading, I deleted the old sources and added my new sources as
described in the documentation
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4).  Everything
seemed to work correctly, I ran a manual mythfill and the schedule (on
all channels) was populated correctly.   However, when I looked at the
listings today the data for the single channel on the second source is
now missing it's data (perhaps when an automatic mythfill ran
overnight).  I attempted to manually update just the source that was
missing data using ># mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels --sourceid
2 --refresh-all but I still have no data for that channel.

All channels are working correctly and the input connections are all set
up right.  I followed the documentation closely and my sources seem to
be set up correctly.  Where do I look to start debugging this issue?
Although I set a log location in the preferences, I can't seem to find a
mythfill log.  Is there a default location where this might be?  Is
there anything special that needs to be done (other than
--remove-new-channels) to run mythfill?