[mythtv-users] Stuck job queue

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:57:43 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Dave Diamond <mythtv at jadbury.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've got a job in my queue that's been running since last night...
>
> Job: Flag Commercials
> Status Time: Mon Sep 3 8:50 PM
> Host: myth2
>
> Comments:
> 99% Completed @ 39.2807 fps.
>

> It looks like maybe it's stuck somehow.  Is there any way I can kill it?
> I don't see any mythcommflag jobs running when I ps -fe.  Anything else I
> can do to make the system forget about that job and move on with the
> couple dozen things queued up and waiting?
>
> thanks!
> dd

First I'd try restarting your mythbackend, and seeing if it
automagically fixes itself.

Failing that (and being aware that this is the sort of mucking about
that tends to make developers cringe), you can try going into your
database and taking a look at the jobqueue:

> mysql mythconverg -umythtv -pmythtv
mysql>select * from jobqueue where status = 4 and comment like "99%"

Then assuming it's obvious which job it is, use the id number kick it
in the pants:

mysql> update jobqueue set
status=0,hostname="",comment="",schedruntime="" where id=IDNUMBERHERE

Or just delete that ID entirely, if you don't care too deeply about
the commercial flagging for that last 1%.

Ry