[mythtv-users] Wrong Aspect Ratio

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Sep 5 13:12:54 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean" wrote:

 > > To me it looks like X has it exactly right, xdpyinfo shows
 > >
 > > dimensions:    1920x1200 pixels (519x324 millimeters) resolution:
 > > 94x94 dots per inch
 > >
 > > and thats the right resolution and the correct dimensions of the
 > > monitor (presumably from EDID info). So the monitor is actually
 > > 16x10.
 > >
 > > Still thats not far from 16x9, and a long way from 4x3. So I'm still
 > >  unclear of why mythfronted won't show a std def recording with side
 > > bars.

 >Running dual head/twinview/whatever your drivers call it?  If so, you
 >have to tell Myth the aspect of the monitor you want to use.

I'm running an Intel 915 chipset on a laptop with the latest Intel driver.

The only configuration parameter I saw in Myth for aspect ratio is the
one that selects the default of the various settings "W" can toggle
through. If none of them is correct, changing the default won't help.

Again, did I miss a configuration setting?