[mythtv-users] Why does my capture card keep disappearing?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Sep 5 12:14:03 UTC 2007

Phil Bridges schreef op 5-9-2007 14:06:
> I'm running Gentoo-based 0.20.2_p14357.  I have two PVR-type cards (a
> PVR-250 and an Avermedia M179) and a DViCO FusionHDTV 3.  All three
> cards are working fine per the dmesg output:
>
> ivtv0: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250, card #0
> ivtv1: Initialized AVerMedia M179, card #1
> cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.6 loaded
> cx8802_register_driver() ->registering driver type=dvb access=shared
> CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 18ac:d820, board: DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T [card=28]
> cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card
> DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (LG Electronics LGDT3302 VSB/QAM Frontend)...
>
> After having to reboot this morning, though, when I look at my status
> page in MythWeb, though, only 2 encoders are shown - one of the PVRs
> and the HDTV.  This has happened before - I have to shut down
> mythbackend, run myhtv-setup, delete all of my capture cards, and add
> them back in.  This seems to work until I have to reboot again; then I
> lose a card.  In addition to being a pain to redo this every time
> (since I have to be at the backend to run mythtv-setup), I'm up into
> the teens in encoder #s.  What can I do to make sure Myth keeps these
> settings on reboot?

Have you tried restarting just the backend? I used to have this problem
when the drivers didn't finish loading before mythbakend started.
Sometimes I missed one or 2 encoders of 3, loading mythbackend later via
editing the init-script helped me getting rid of those errors.

Why do the encoder #'s keep growing, if you delete them and then add
them again they should stay between 1-3.

Kind regards,

Jos