[mythtv-users] Perhaps I have asked the wrong question regarding watching Live TV

Nick Gray nagray at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 06:36:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 14:44 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > I am trying to watch live TV with my MythTV system,
> > I have a PVR-350.
> > Recording and playback work great via mplayer, etc ...
> > I didn't make any changes to Xorg.conf.
> > I get the feeling this needs to be done to watch tv on the monitor
> > Does myth TV require this
> > can I not watch Live TV in a window ?
>
> You have installed mythfrontend, haven't you? If you're watching
> recordings with mplayer that implies to me that you haven't! Install
> mythfrontend, configure it and you will get a Watch Live TV menu item
> when you start it up - that's how you can watch Live TV.
>
> Apologies if I've misunderstood.

No sweat, I have the frontend installed and when I click on "watch live
tv" everything gos to h*** in a handbasket. It literally takes a reboot
to recover.

I guess I am trying to determine if when you select live tv, can you
watch that in a window or does it always take over whatever screen you
have it piped out to?