[mythtv-users] Problem auto-finding xmltvid's with QAM, channel scan

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 5 02:43:20 UTC 2007

On 09/04/2007 10:31 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not a bug (in Myth).  Probably your cable company doesn't include enough
>>> information in the channels to link them up with data from SD.  That
>>> means you'll have to manually provide the information using the channel
>>> editor.  If you set Myth channel callsigns to match those in the SD
>>> data, Fetch will probably fill in xlmtvid's for you.
>>>
>> No dice.  I tried putting in callsigns for some, but Fetch did
>> nothing.  I also tried putting in xmltvid's for some, and Fetch still
>> did nothing.  I tried watching live, hitting E, and then hitting the
>> Probe button (both for ones where I'd entered call signs and ones
>> where I'd entered xmltvids), still nothing.
>>
> And now when I did a mfdb run, it put back in all the channels I had
> removed into both of my non-QAM lineups.
>
> What signals mfdb not to add channels you've removed back into the database?

--remove-new-channels

See http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4 for far more details.

See mythfilldatabase --help

It will also show other options that can, er, override Myth's smarts
(which is probably why one channel--which Myth probably thinks is
ATSC--is not added to your lineup).  The "smarts" word should be your
clue as to what option to look for.

Though you really need to get your lineup straightened out. (I'm
thinking you were the one who mentioned issues getting the right
channels in the SD lineup.)

Sorry if I've already mentioned some of these references to you, but I
don't feel like re-reading the whole thread.

Mike